In our mission to facilitate the development of the whole person, we see the training of the intellect as critical, and endeavour to provide an environment that is balanced and stimulating where young people can:
- Develop their individual gifts to their full potential;
- Learn to think in a Christian way;
- Cultivate an independent work ethic that will equip them for the world of work and study.
The school has an outstanding academic record with pupils excelling in their external IEB examinations. Since our inception in 1985, we have maintained a high percentage of University passes, and a significant number of distinctions across all subjects.
View Matric Results Here
Personal attention is ensured in classes that have a low teacher pupil ratio – our norm in the Primary School is a maximum of 24 per class, and we generally have two classes per grade. In the foundation phase, classes are served by both a teacher and an assistant teacher. In the High School, classes can reach a maximum size of 26 pupils.
As an independent school we write the matric examinations of the I.E.B. (Independent Examinations Board). The school curriculum is implemented in the spirit of the South African Curriculum Statement (CAPS) and we seek to interpret it from a Biblical perspective.
The school has always placed great emphasis on skills and values, along with the ability to apply knowledge. We are consequently open to new methods of learning and assessment, including an emphasis on outcomes as well as content, being careful not to compromise high academic standards in the process.
The curriculum for Grades 4 to Grade 9 provides for a broad exposure to all learning areas, including:
- English- as Home Language
- Afrikaans – as 1st Additional Language
- IsiZulu – as 1st Additional Language
- Natural Science
- History & Geography
- Business & Accounting (EMS)
- Technology & IT
- Life skills & Biblical Studies
- Music, Art & Drama
At present we offer the following subjects to matric level:
- English- Home Language
- Afrikaans- 1st Additional Language
- IsiZulu (Gr 10 in 2023) – 1st Additional Language
- Mathematical Literacy
- Physical Science
- Life Science (Biology)
- Information Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Business Studies
- Engineering Graphics & Design
- Visual Art
- Dramatic Art
- Life Orientation
- AP Maths
Pupils may do subjects such as French, German, other African Languages and Music at their own expense.